There is something special about weddings in the Southern Highlands. I think it must be part of the journey to the highlands, as well as the beautiful locations, enjoyable climate and amazing wedding venues on offer.
One of the standout Southern Highland wedding venues is Montrose House.
You’re probably considering a Southern Highlands wedding due to the region’s beautiful countryside; and Montrose House is a beautiful place to be all year round. One thing many couples don’t think about when searching for a wedding venue are the seasons. In the highlands each season is very distinct, and beautiful in it’s own way. From the cool and crisp days and nights of winter, to the shifting colours of autumn and spring; it really is the perfect region to get married.
Montrose House offers beautiful gardens, onsite accommodation in the Montrose Cottage, a beautifully built barn for wedding receptions and multiple wedding ceremony opportunities.
About The Property
Is Montrose House the same as Montrose Berry Farm?
Yes it is. Montrose Berry Farm was recently rebranded to Montrose House.
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! There are numerous ceremony options available onsite amongst the beautiful gardens. See a real wedding photographed at Montrose House.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes. All receptions take place in the purpose built and maintained barn on the property.
What kind of style is Montrose House?
The berry farm is perfect for a laid back, rustic and intimate country wedding. The grounds itself is beautiful, and the barn is a blank canvas which you can convert into the desired look and feel that you are after.
What is the address?
Ormond Street, Sutton Forest, New South Wales 2577, Australia
Montrose House is located between Bundanoon and Sutton Forest in the Southern Highlands of NSW. From Sydney, it is approximately a 2-hour drive. If you’re coming from Canberra it is 90-minutes.
How many guests can we have at Montrose House?
Up to 140 guests seated. Cocktail style is also available.
How much does a wedding cost here?
For full package details and inclusions, it is best to contact the venue for full and up to date details.
What accommodation options are in the area?
Montrose House is located close by to the smaller towns of Bundanoon, Sutton Forest and Exeter. There are larger towns also close by in Bowral, Mittagong, Berrima, Robertson and Moss Vale. There are a number of hotel, motel, B&B and Air BNB options in these areas for you and your wedding guests.
Is there parking on site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site.
Montrose House Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Montrose House (As A Wedding Photographer)
I love a wedding venue that is private and intimate.
Once you drive through the gates of Montrose House you instantly get a feel for how special a place it is. The house is set back amongst some of the big and beautiful trees on the property. The gardens extend around the house and past the barn to the berry and fruit orchards.
The Montrose Cottage is a quaint accommodation that is literally in the middle of the farm. This makes it super easy to get ready on site, make it to your wedding ceremony on time and retire at the end of the party. I always recommended to my clients to get ready onsite whenever possible as it makes the day run that much smoother.
I have always loved the big beautiful trees that feature all around the berry farm. From the big pines to the willow trees, they create a magical forest feel within the gardens.
The outside spaces on the property are wonderful for you and your wedding guests. With enough space for canapés and lawn games outside, the gardens are the perfect place to celebrate your wedding ceremony and mingle with your guests before entering the barn for reception.
The barn is the perfect blank canvas to have the type of wedding you want. With enough space in side for a variety of table setups, a dance floor and space to enjoy indoors with your wedding guests. I love to photograph in open spaces like this as it gives me the opportunity to roam and capture wonderfully natural and candid moments.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding
- It is always best to do a site visit when picking your wedding venue. Being that Montrose House is a working berry farm, why not go during fruit picking season. You can check out the location and pick some blueberries. There is also a farm shop where you can try their famous berry pies and take home some berry products.
- Every season is beautiful down in the southern highlands. To me personally autumn is extra special for a wedding day with the amazing colours on show.
- It can often be cool even in the summer time. When planning your outfits make sure you have something warmer to wear over the top (especially for the bridal party).
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, talk with your wedding planner and wedding photographer to discuss timings before you lock them in.
- Whilst there are lots of accommodation options in the area, things book out fast. Make sure you give yourself and your guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date for your Montrose House wedding. This is especially important if you are planning a destination wedding here.
- There are lots of bus services in the area that can pickup/drop off your guests. This is a popular way to transport everyone and allow them to celebrate responsibly.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
The Southern Highlands has a plethora of wonderful wedding locations. Here are a couple more wedding venues that I love to photograph at in the southern highlands.
- Click here for the Centennial Vineyards weddings page
- Click here for the Bendooley Estate weddings page
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
I absolutely adore photographing weddings in the Southern Highlands. If you are thinking of having a beautiful wedding in the highlands at Montrose House, then I would love to be involved.