Weddings in the Southern Highlands have a special place in my heart (and as you will see, for good reason).
Are you looking for past examples of Centennial Vineyards weddings to get a sense of what your wedding day may look like? If you’re considering having a Centennial Vineyards wedding, I think you’re on the right track.
As its name suggests, this Bowral wedding venue has a functioning vineyard. This makes for the perfect wedding location and for photos.
You’re probably considering Southern Highlands wedding venues due to the region’s beautiful vast countryside. Autumn in the Southern Highlands is absolutely divine and for this reason, many couples choose Bowral for their perfect day.
About Centennial Vineyards
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! Centennial Vineyards has a lovely courtyard area where you are able to have your wedding ceremony.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes you may. The rustic appeal of the restaurant and dining hall is why many couples choose to have their wedding events here. The glass doors around the dining hall give some wonderful views of the vineyards. The open fire place inside the dining hall and outside in the spacious courtyard provides a wonderful atmosphere and mingling locations.
What is the address?
252 Centennial Road, Bowral, New South Wales, Australia.
Centennial Vineyards is located between Bowral and Berrima in a region called the Southern Highlands. From Sydney, it is approximately a 90-minute drive. If you’re coming from Canberra, 2-hours.
How many guests can we have at Centennial Vineyards?
Up to 180 pax.
How much does a wedding cost here?
Centennial Vineyards has a 5-hour wedding package with menu and beverage options. For full package details and inclusions, contact the venue manager for full details.
What accommodation options are in the area?
Centennial Vineyards is located close by to the towns of Bowral, Mittagong, Berrima and Moss Vale. There are a number of hotel, motel, B&B and Air BNB options in these areas for your wedding guests.
Is there parking on site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site.
Centennial Vineyards Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Centennial Vineyards Weddings (As A Wedding Photographer)
For me every venue has a different atmosphere. This is important for setting the scene for a wedding.
Centennial Vineyards invites you in with the vines rolling up the hill past the winery. As you approach the cellar door it is beautifully incorporated into the grounds. These are all features I look to capture in wedding photos, as the atmosphere of the location has a large impact on the wedding.
As you walk around the winery you quickly get a sense of what the venue is about. Delivering quality service, the highest standard of food; whilst located on the fringe of the town of Bowral. You can see why Centennial Vineyards is so popular.
The courtyard area is private and relaxed with enough space to comfortably fit a small or large wedding. This means you can comfortably have an intimate ceremony; celebrating with your family and friends without compromise.
I enjoy photographing in spaces like this because I have the freedom to move and capture the events as they unfold. The courtyard also is a great place for your family and friends to mingle during canapé hour.
In the cooler months the outdoor fire place is the perfect spot for wedding guests to stay warm. This comes in very handy for winter weddings (especially in the Bowral, Southern Highlands).
The dining room has extra high ceilings and a beautiful balcony that looks over the rest of the dining hall (an area you get to enjoy and relax in with the bridal party). The hall itself has a fantastic ambience and mood, which feels warm and intimate. The space encourages you and your guests to be up and about, moving around the room and interacting with each other.
The grounds of the winery are equally impressive.
There is a field of big gum trees and plenty of deciduous trees which change to many beautiful colours in the autumn months. There are many natural backdrops for both bridal party and bridal portraits.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding
- Every season is beautiful down in the southern highlands. To me personally autumn is extra special. The amazing colours you can get definitely make up for any cold snaps you might have on your wedding day!
- It can often be cool even in the summer time. When planning your outfits make sure you have something warmer to wear over the top (especially for the bridal party).
- There are lots of church options for wedding ceremonies in the highlands. You can still have your beautiful reception and opt for a religious ceremony off-site.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, talk with your wedding planner and wedding photographer to discuss timings before you lock them in.
- Whilst there are lots of accommodation options in the area, things book out fast. Make sure you give yourself and your wedding guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date for your Centennial Vineyards wedding. This is especially important if you are planning a destination wedding here.
- There may be lots of parking available at Centennial Vineyards. But who wants all their guests driving to the wedding? There are lots of bus services in the area that can pickup/drop off your wedding guests. This is a great way to make sure everyone enjoys the party (and enjoys responsibly).
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of weddings in the Southern Highlands area. If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at Centennial Vineyard, I think we’ll be a pretty good fit for each other.