Hello, I’m Jack Chauvel.
I am a Wedding Photographer from Newcastle, Australia.
I get a kick out of shooting weddings and documenting stories.
Welcome to my little slice of the world and my photographs.
Here is a little story for you all about me, Jack Chauvel.
About 13 years ago photography turned my world upside down (in a good way) and I have never looked back. I grew up in a house full of photographs and art, with parents who loved to travel and show me the world. Over the years my dad captured many moments of our family, whilst we adventured and grew together. Throughout my life and especially my teens, I did not know what I wanted to do. I never knew what I wanted to do. There were lots of things that I liked, but nothing that I loved. I have a shopping list of things that I tried, from hobbies to jobs to sports. It took me longer than expected to realise that maybe photography had a place in my life. Once I found it, I had to know everything about it. I get a little carried away like that.
My favourite thing about photography is the ability to create something from nothing. To be able to have a vision, capture a moment or capture light in a unique way. My love for photography started with shooting landscapes and the natural environment. It shifted from shooting digital to shooting film and focusing on the technical side of photography. Later on through chance, I found my love of shooting weddings. I now enjoy bringing the styles and techniques that I learn into the way I document weddings.
I have a hands on, no-fuss approach to my photography and have a good time whilst doing it. The process of meeting couples, getting to know them and documenting their wedding day in a story driven way is the best. Everyone has their own story and being able to communicate this story through photos and providing a memorable experience is why I love weddings.
I like to get to know my clients and often walk away as friends. At the end of the day I am documenting and communicating your story through photos. When you look back at your images years down the line I want you to relive the day through all of the little moments.
Personally however I just love photography. It has become so entwined with my every day life that even when I am not shooting, I am thinking about it. This passion is a personal drive of mine. I always want to keep learning, developing and creating. I cant think of anything else I would rather do.
Over the years I have been lucky enough to travel around the world to document these stories. I have a soft spot for country weddings, elopements and locations off the beaten track. Whilst I still call Australia home, I have been bitten hard by the travel bug. I am lucky to have amazing clients who love what I do and take me on this journey with them all over the world. When in Australia I regularly work between Sydney and Newcastle (where I am based). I also love to shoot all over the country, whether in the country, the mountains, by the sea or in the city (basically wherever you want me to go around this beautiful country).
Things That Are Important To Me
- Being inclusive and supportive for all types of weddings/elopements and celebrations for my clients.
- Marriage equality and supporting the LGBTQI community (Voting YES in the plebiscite and the nation saying YES was a very special day in Australian history).
- I would like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. I pay my respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
- Getting to know my clients and helping them achieve what they want from their wedding/elopement/celebration.
- Making the photography work around the wedding/elopement/celebration and not the other way round.
- Offering a service that allows me to create my best work and deliver beautiful images.
- Giving 110% for each and every client. I purposefully do not over book myself so that I can give each wedding/elopement/celebration the care it deserves.
- Pricing myself at a level that is achievable for my clients and reflective of the hard work that I dedicate to each and every assignment.
- High quality photos (no watermarks) delivered in a variety of ways (USB, Online Galleries, Prints and Albums).
- Being fully insured and prepared (with backup equipment) to safely cover any assignment.
- I am fully vaccinated and ready to work.
- Treating each image with care and keeping them safe until the final delivery (no lost photos here!).
- Loving what I do and always pushing myself to create my best work for my clients.
So whether it be a wedding on your parents farm, a cocktail style wedding overlooking Sydney Harbour or an intimate elopement in Iceland; I would love to be involved.
Get in touch and we can get share our stories together.