Weddings in the Southern Highlands have a special place in my heart (and as you will see, for good reason). If you’re considering Bendooley Estate as your wedding venue, you’re looking at the right place.
This wedding venue just outside of the village of Berrima is a beautiful estate with an old homestead, book barn, rolling hills, a lake, vineyard, cellar door (where your wedding guests can mingle during canapes) and wonderful accommodation options. All of these features combined make for stunning locations for you to enjoy your special day.
You’re probably considering a Southern Highlands wedding due to the region’s beautiful vast countryside. The majestic Bendooley Estate shines all year round. As the seasons change the charm of the entire location is evident. In the autumn you get the beautiful colours of the changing season, especially when the vines on the homestead turn bright red. In the spring you have the new growth on the homestead as well as the beautiful spring gardens coming to life around the property. In summer the long days are perfectly suited for the cooler climate to enjoy outdoors. The winter time is cool and moody, but provides a cozy atmosphere for you and your guests as you party away in the warmth of the book barn.
About Bendooley Estate
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! Bendooley Estate has numerous ceremony options available onsite including in-front of the old homestead, on the lawns of the homestead, by the lake and even under cover with the lake pavilion.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes! The berkelouw book barn is the most popular reception venue option on site; however there is also a marquee option available for wedding receptions if that is more your style.
Are there multiple wedding venue options at Bendooley Estate?
Yes! For a long time you could only hire and use the main area of Bendooley Estate (including the homestead and the book barn). In early 2019 The Stables at Bendooley Estate was opened just across the creek, but still on the same property. This gives it’s own unique wedding ceremony and wedding reception options. If you would like to find out more about The Stables at Bendooley Estate then please click here [link to page about The Stables].
What kind of style is Bendooley Estate?
The book barn itself has a very sophisticated yet has a rustic look and feel to the venue. With it’s exposed timber beams, beautiful fireplace, book lined walls and beautiful layout. It is the perfect space for you to add as much or as little styling as you like.
What is the address?
3020 Old Hume Highway, Berrima, New South Wales, Australia
Bendooley Estate is located between Bowral and Berrima in the Southern Highlands of NSW. From Sydney, it is approximately a 90-minute drive. If you’re coming from Canberra, 2-hours.
How many guests can we have at Bendooley Estate?
Up to 180 pax (seated).
How much does a wedding cost here?
Bendooley Estate has a range of options available for weddings. For full package details and inclusions, it is best to contact the venue for full and up to date details.
What accommodation options are in the area?
Bendooley Estate is located close by to the towns of Bowral, Mittagong, Berrima and Moss Vale. There are a number of hotel, motel, B&B and Air BNB options in these areas for your wedding guests. There are also a number of accommodation options onsite.
Is there parking on site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site.
Bendooley Estate Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Bendooley Estate As Your Wedding Venue (As A Wedding Photographer)
Bendooley Estate invites you in as soon as you catch a glimpse of the grounds from the highway. Beautifully located within the rolling hills of the highlands; it isn’t until you venture down the long drive way entrance that you start to realise what makes this such a wonderful wedding venue.
The grounds of Bendooley Estate are incredibly well looked after. From the beautiful long grass, picturesque lake, fields of long grass, vineyard and amazing long driveways; there are many special spots within the property. These are all features I look to capture in wedding photos, as including the wedding location is a big part of my photography style.
The homestead for me is definitely one of the highlights of Bendooley Estate. Beautiful and different in each and every season, it’s a wonderful location to photograph throughout the wedding day. It can be a great spot to do a first look, the bridal party photos and for some intimate bridal portraits. I love that the front room of the homestead is the final prep room, allowing you the option to finish getting ready close to your ceremony location. It means through the lovely old doors you can also see your guests arrive.
The book barn is a very pretty building. It provides the perfect reception space for you and your guests. The space itself is big, allowing your guests to move freely from the outside courtyard, the bar and the reception room area. With room to move, it’s very easy to make your way around whilst mingling with your guests. Once the formalities start, everyone has a great view of the room. I especially love a reception space where I can easily move around the room and capture all the wonderful candid moments as they unfold.
The dance floor is big, with lots of space for your favourite wedding band and/or DJ. Perfect for a first dance, but even better to get everyone onto the dance floor to dance the night away.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding at Bendooley Estate
- Every season is beautiful down in the southern highlands. To me personally autumn is extra special. The amazing colours you can get definitely make up for any cold snaps you might have on your wedding day!
- It can often be cool even in the summer time. When planning your outfits make sure you have something warmer to wear over the top (especially for the bridal party).
- There are lots of church ceremony options for wedding ceremonies in the highlands. You can still have your beautiful reception and opt for a religious ceremony off-site.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, talk with your wedding planner and wedding photographer to discuss timings before you lock them in.
- Whilst there are lots of accommodation options in the area, things book out fast. Make sure you give yourself and your guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date for your Bendooley Estate wedding. This is especially important if you are planning a destination wedding here.
- There are a number of amazing accommodation options available on site at Bendooley Estate that is an added bonus when planning a wedding here. They do however book out early so it is best to get your reservation in as soon as you can.
- There may be lots of parking available at Bendooley Estate. But who wants all their guests driving to the wedding? There are lots of bus services in the area that can pickup/drop off your guests. This is a great way to make sure everyone enjoys the party (and enjoys responsibly).
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
The Southern Highlands has a plethora of wonderful wedding locations. Here are a couple more wedding venues that I love to photograph at in the southern highlands.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of weddings in the Southern Highlands area. If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at Bendooley Estate, I think we’ll be a pretty good fit for each other.