Wedding venues in the Southern Highlands of NSW have a special place in my heart.
Many couples choose a Southern Highlands wedding due to the region’s scenic countryside. If you’re considering Bendooley Estate as your wedding venue, you’re at the right place.
About Bendooley Estate
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Bendooley Estate has numerous ceremony locations available onsite including:
Can we have our wedding reception here?
The Berkelouw book barn is the most popular reception venue option on-site; however there is also a marquee option available for wedding receptions if that is more your style.
What kind of wedding theme or style best suits Bendooley Estate?
The book barn itself has a very sophisticated yet has a rustic look and feel to the venue. With its exposed timber beams, fireplace, book lined walls and open layout. It is the perfect space for you to add as much or as little styling as you like.
What is the address?
How many guests can we have?
Up to 180 pax (seated).
How much does a wedding cost here?
Bendooley Estate has a range of options available for weddings. During peak season, minimum spend may apply.
What accommodation options are available?
Bendooley Estate is located close by to the towns of Bowral, Mittagong, Berrima and Moss Vale. There are a number of hotel, motel, B&B and Air BNB lodgings in these areas for your wedding guests.
Is there parking on-site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site.
Recommended for you: Ultimate Guide To Southern Highland Wedding Venues
What/When Is The Best Season For A Bendooley Estate Wedding?
In my opinion, any season is beautiful here! Here’s why:
- In the autumn you get the beautiful colours of the changing season, especially when the vines on the homestead turn bright red.
- In the spring you have the new growth on the homestead as well as the spring gardens coming to life around the property.
- In summer the long days are perfectly suited for the cooler climate to enjoy outdoors.
- The winter time is cool and moody, but provides a cozy atmosphere for you and your guests as you party away in the warmth of the Berkelouw book barn.
Bendooley Estate Wedding Photos
Recommended for you: View Keira & Michael’s spring wedding (they held their wedding ceremony at the Lakeside Pavilion and had their reception at the Book Barn).
Why I Recommend This Venue As A Wedding Photographer
Bendooley Estate invites you in as soon as you catch a glimpse of the grounds from the highway. Beautifully located within the rolling hills of the highlands; it isn’t until you venture down the long drive way entrance that you start to realise what makes this such a wonderful wedding venue.
The grounds of Bendooley Estate are incredibly well looked after. From the long grass, picturesque lake, fields of long grass, vineyard and amazing long driveways; there are many special spots within the property. These are all features I look to capture in wedding photos, as including the wedding location is a big part of my photography style.
The homestead for me is definitely one of the highlights of Bendooley Estate.
Different in each and every season, the homestead is a wonderful location to photograph throughout the wedding day.
It can be a great spot to do a first look, the bridal party photos and for some intimate bridal portraits.
I love that the front room of the homestead at Bendooley Estate is the final bridal prep room, allowing you the option to finish getting ready close to your ceremony location. It means through the lovely old doors you can also see your guests arrive.
The book barn is an amazing building and wedding reception venue (click to see a real wedding I photographed here).
It provides the perfect reception space for you and your guests. The space itself is big, allowing your guests to move freely from the outside courtyard, the bar and the reception room area.
With room to move, it’s very easy to make your way around whilst mingling with your guests. Once the formalities start, everyone has a great view of the room. I especially love a reception space where I can easily move around the room and capture all the wonderful candid moments as they unfold.
The dance floor is big, with lots of space for your favourite wedding band and/or DJ. Perfect for a first dance, but even better to get everyone onto the dance floor to dance the night away.
Lined by books and surrounded by candlelight, the Berkelouw book barn is an enchanted setting for your celebration.
How To Get The Most Out Of Bendooley Estate
- Every season is beautiful down in the southern highlands. To me, personally, autumn is extra special. The amazing colours you can get definitely make up for any cold snaps you might have on your wedding day!
- It can often be cool even in the summer time. When planning your outfits make sure you have something warmer to wear over the top (especially for the bridal party).
- There are lots of church for religious wedding ceremonies in the highlands (I’ve made a list of the best ones here). You can still have your reception and opt for a religious ceremony off-site.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, talk with your wedding planner and wedding photographer to discuss timings before you lock them in.
- There are a number of amazing accommodation options available on site at Bendooley Estate that is an added bonus when planning a wedding here. They do however book out early so it is best to get your reservation in as soon as you can.
- There may be lots of parking available at Bendooley Estate. But who wants all their guests driving to the wedding? There are lots of bus services in the area that can pickup/drop off your guests. This is a great way to make sure everyone enjoys the party (and enjoys responsibly).
Similar Wedding Venues You May Want to Consider
The Southern Highlands has many of wonderful wedding venues and during peak wedding season, popular wedding venues such as Bendooley Estate book out well in advance. For this reason, I have put together reviews (similar to this) of Southern Highlands wedding venues that are similar to Bendooley Estate:
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of weddings in the Southern Highlands area. If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at Bendooley Estate, I think we’ll be a pretty good fit for each other.