Are you thinking of getting married in Newcastle or looking for the best Newcastle wedding reception venue for you?
Then look no further as I have put together a number of wedding venues specific to Newcastle, New South Wales – just for you!
Newcastle is Australia’s largest non capital city and can be found a couple of hours north of Sydney, New South Wales. It’s a true coastal city with magnificent beaches, parks, bushland, heritage buildings and lakes.
The dramatic and beautiful landscape means that almost everywhere you go you will find breathtaking views all along the coastline. This means that every Newcastle wedding venue is special in it’s own way. This also means that there are many beautiful locations with picture perfect backdrops for bridal photos all around town.
As an experienced wedding photographer, you will find on this page all the essential information you will need to make an informed decision. You’ll also receive insights on wedding day logistics, nearby locations for photos, and wedding vendor recommendations.
My Favourite Newcastle Wedding Venues
- Merewether Surfhouse
- Marina Views Function Centre
- 48 Watt St
- Stanley Park
- Newcastle Museum
- The Beach Hotel
- Fort Scratchley
- Longworth House
- The Lock-Up
- The Greenhouse Eatery
- Marina Views Function Centre
- Newcastle City Hall
- Weddings at Woodville
- Belmont 16’s
- Caves Coastal (Caves Beach)
About Newcastle NSW
How do we get there from Sydney?
The easiest way to get to the Newcastle from Sydney is to drive. The alternative is to fly to Newcastle or catch the train to Newcastle.
What are the best wedding venues in this region?
48 Watt St, Rustica, Merewether Surfhouse and Stanley Park are a couple of my favourite Newcastle wedding venues.
What type of weddings are common in the Newcastle?
Newcastle suits weddings of all types with many different unique wedding venues. A lot of the venues are close to the coast and make the most the spectacular views on offer.
Who do you recommend as supporting wedding vendors?
I’ve worked with many lovely wedding vendors from the region, and others (like me) who travel. I have a wedding vendor page for the Newcastle and Hunter you can see here –
What accommodation options are in the area?
There are a number of hotel, motel, B&B and Air BNB options situated throughout the Newcastle. The area is quite large, so it is worth exploring all of the accommodation options closest to your chosen wedding venue.
Newcastle Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend The Newcastle For Your Wedding (As A Wedding Photographer)
I have spent a lot of time with friends in Newcastle over the years. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the area more and more as I photograph weddings in the region. I feel like it is one of the best places in Australia to have your wedding on the beach. There are many gorgeous beaches all around Newcastle Harbour and along the coast to pick from, you can’t go wrong. You may also want to consider Port Stephens if you are thinking of having a beach wedding.
If you want something less beach based, the locations and wedding venues around Newcastle CBD have a lot of character. There are many little laneways and streets which you an wander for photos. Especially if we head further afield to Islington which is famous for it’s street art.
Newcastle is just an easy town to relax and enjoy within. It’s easy for your guests to travel to, easy to navigate and fun to explore.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Newcastle Wedding
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. They call it the golden hour and I always like to schedule some time on your wedding day to make the most of this light.
- Most wedding venues have excellent wedding ceremony and reception venue options for weddings of all sizes in Newcastle. It’s best to get in touch with them to get their latest wedding packages and pricing information.
- There are some incredible parks and locations dotted along the coast in Newcastle though which make for a beautiful wedding ceremony location. Don’t be scared to entertain the idea of having your wedding ceremony elsewhere, before heading back to your wedding reception on your special day.
- Whilst there are many accommodation options in the area, things book out fast. Make sure you give yourself and your wedding guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date. This is especially important if you are planning a destination wedding!
- Whilst I have listed many wedding venue options in this page, they do book out in advance. If you are considering getting married at a specific time of year, it is wise to enquire for the availability before setting your wedding date.
Things To See and Do Whilst Visiting The Newcastle
I always say that one of the best parts about wedding planning is the experiences you get to have along the way. Whilst planning your perfect wedding in the Newcastle you may want to enjoy some of the following activities.
- Stockton Dunes – A sight to be seen north of Newcastle is Stockton sand dunes. You can arrange a tour or find a spot to access the dunes and check it out. A very enjoyable experience whilst in Newcastle.
- Food & Drink Tour – There are lots of amazing bars and restaurants in Newcastle which are fun to explore. If you stay rather central to the CBD you can make your own walking tour of town.
- Explore The Region – There are many awesome places within Newcastle to explore, my picks would be Newcastle Beach, Bar Beach, Newcastle Ocean Baths, Beaumont St, Lake Macquarie, Redhead Beach and Glenrock Nature Reserve
- Hunter Valley Wine Tour – If you are finding it hard to decide between Newcastle or the Hunter Valley then perhaps consider a wine tour to think it over. There are so many great wineries in the Hunter Valley you will not be disappointed.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
Newcastle is simply a spectacular location to get married in, but there are many regions in New South Wales that you may want to consider when planning your wedding.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
If you are thinking of having a wedding at any of the above venues then I would love to chat to find out more about you and how we can work together.
I travel all over Australia and around the world to document beautiful weddings and it would be my honour to be involved in your wedding day.