The Mudgee region is a gorgeous area to consider for your wedding. Best known for it’s amazing food and wine scene, there are many of beautiful wineries and wedding venues to choose from for your special day.
One of my favourite wedding venues out of all of the Mudgee wedding options is Burnbrae Wines.
This wedding venue is just outside of town set amongst the rolling hills of Mudgee. The Burnbrae vineyard is an award-winning winery with a cellar door, fantastic wedding ceremony and wedding reception options and onsite accommodation (with a cute two-bedroom cottage).
The winery itself is very much a blank canvas for you to be able to go to town with the styling. Whether you are looking to go DIY, hire a wedding stylist or let the venue speak for itself, you can do as much or as little as you like.
About Burnbrae Wines
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! Burnbrae Wines has a gorgeous courtyard area which is perfect for wedding ceremonies. Here’s a real wedding I photographed recently.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes! The lawn behind the cellar door is the perfect location for a wedding outside under the stars. The lawn is also big enough for a large marquee (if you have a wedding guest list that requires full capacity). There is also an indoor/covered area which can host wedding guests or be the dance floor (or vice versa). Here’s a real wedding I photographed recently.
What style of weddings does Burnbrae Wines suit?
The winery itself is laid back with a rustic style. Perfect for a country wedding that wants to make the most of the beautiful surroundings. Take a look for yourself.
What is the address?
548 Hill End Road, Mudgee, NSW, Australia | Directions
Burnbrae Wines is located around a 10 minute drive from the centre of Mudgee NSW. Mudgee is located approximately 3.5 hours drive from Sydney.
How many guests can we have at Burnbrae Wines?
Up to 250 pax.
How much does a wedding cost here?
Burnbrae Wines has a range of options available for weddings. For full package details and inclusions, it is best to contact the venue for full and up to date details.
What accommodation options are in the area?
Burnbrae Wines is located close by to the towns of Mudgee and Gulgong. The Burnbrae winery offers onsite accommodation with their cute little winemaker’s cottage. There are also a variety of accommodation options available from small boutique accommodation, AirBNB’s, hotels, motels and farm stays. The area is very popular for both tourism, wine tours and weddings so it’s always good to book your accommodation in early.
Is there parking on site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site.
Burnbrae Wines Wedding Photos
Recommended: Teresa & John – a real wedding
Did you like these photos? View the full collection from Teresa & John’s wedding at Burnbrae Wines.
Why I Recommend Burnbrae Wines As Your Wedding Venue (As A Wedding Photographer)
Burnbrae Wines is a cute winery on the outskirts of Mudgee that is inviting as soon as you turn into the driveway. I instantly started spotting potential photo locations on the grounds and I was barely inside the front gate.
The cellar door and buildings are located along the creek on the edge of the property. The vineyards stretch up from the cellar door to the top of the hill, creating an amazing view (especially as you watch the sun set over the hills to the west).
The courtyard where the wedding ceremonies can be held is quaint, private and a lovely space for your guests to mingle before and after you get married. The large lawn between the cellar door and the creek is the perfect spot for long tables and chairs out under the stars. The best way to light this space is with festoon lights strung up and over the tables.
The large open room between the courtyard and the lawn is where you can find the bar, dance floor and would also make a great space for a grazing table. There is enough space to fit in everything you could want, with a live band or DJ having ample room next to the dance floor.
As a wedding photographer I love the way it all comes together at Burnbrae Wines. The spaces are open, relaxed and allow for the events of the day to unfold. This creates perfect opportunities to capture candid and natural moments throughout the wedding day. The vineyards make for a wonderful backdrop for wedding photos, especially during the golden hour before sunset.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding
- Every season is beautiful Mudgee. I personally love the autumn and spring time for country weddings as the warm days and cool evenings create a wonderful atmosphere for wedding days.
- The evenings can often be cool in Mudgee, so it is always worth considering some extra layers for yourselves and your bridal party (especially the bridesmaids).
- There are only a few churches in town so make sure you book your ceremony in early if you would like to tie the knot in a church.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. I always love to help out in the wedding planning stage to make sure we can make the most out of the light for your wedding photos.
- There may be lots of parking available at Burnbrae Wines. But who wants all their guests driving to the wedding? There are lots of bus services in the area that can pickup/drop off your guests. This is a great way to make sure everyone enjoys the party (and enjoys responsibly).
- One of the best parts about wedding planning is visiting the region. Why not plan your visit to coincide with the lazy pizza Sunday’s and live music that Burnbrae host on every 3rd Sunday of each month.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of weddings in the Mudgee area.
If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at Burnbrae Wines, then I would love to be involved.