Mudgee in the Central West of NSW is a beautiful region famous for its history, wine, food, agriculture and outdoor adventures . It is also very popular destination for weekend trips and of course weddings!
The whole region is full of amazing local producers, wineries, restaurants and many wedding venues. The town itself is quaint, with tree lined heritage streets, buildings and historic venues creating a wonderful old country town feeling.
Mudgee has wonderful weather all year around due to its altitude and climate, which is perfect for wedding days.
The wedding reception venues in the region provide a diverse range of options and experiences for you and your wedding guests. Many are well known wineries with cellar doors, an excellent wine list and wonderful food options. It really is fantastic when wedding venues have so much to offer couples looking for the right place for their special day.
Top 12 Mudgee Wedding Venues
- Burnbrae Wines
- Blue Wren Wines
- The Vinegrove
- Di Lusso Estate
- Melrose Park
- The Pavilion at Lowe
- Historic Putta Bucca House
- Wild Oats Pavillion
- Gooree Park
Churches In Mudgee
- St John’s Anglican Church
- St Mary’s Catholic Church
- Mudgee Baptist Church
- St Paul’s Presbyterian Church
- Mudgee Uniting Church
Where is it?
Mudgee NSW is located in the Cudgegong Valley in the Central West of NSW. The region is full of other historical towns such as Kandos, Rylstone and Gulgong.
How do we get there from Sydney?
Due to it’s location it is best to drive to Mudgee. From Sydney, it is approximately a 3.5 hour drive to arrive in Mudgee. The most direct route is to drive across the Blue Mountains, and follow the Castlereagh Hwy just outside of Lithgow to Mudgee.
How far is it from other areas of NSW?
Mudgee is easy to get to from a variety of locations within country NSW. It is around 1.5 hours drive from both Dubbo and Bathurst. If you are travelling from the Hunter Valley then it is around 3 hours drive.
What are the best wedding venues in this region?
Burnbrae, The Vinegrove, Bunnamagoo, Blue Wren, Melrose Park and Evanslea are some of the best wedding venues in Mudgee for your big day.
How much do weddings cost here?
It depends on your requirements and how much you would like to do yourself (in terms of DIY and styling). You can expect to pay north of $150 per head for the perfect venue.
What accommodation options are in the area?
There are a number of hotel, motel, B&B and Air BNB options situated throughout Mudgee. Due to it’s popularity it can be very busy during the popular months. Close by there are also accommodation options in Gulgong and on properties within the greater Mudgee region.
Mudgee Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Mudgee For Your Wedding (As A Wedding Photographer)
I find myself drawn to wedding locations that are set amongst the Australian natural beauty we all know and love. Mudgee has a lot of history, and each venue has it’s own story and style. Being able to capture the location you have picked and how it ties into the wedding day is always an enjoyable challenge. Whether it be amongst the vines or at a location I have scouted nearby, I look forward to incorporating the natural landscape.
As a photographer I love atmosphere and relaxed nature of a fun country wedding. Each Mudgee wedding venue has the ability to tailor what they offer and provide a wonderful space for you to enjoy with your family and friends. Most of my clients just want to host a fun party to celebrate with their nearest and dearest. This approach means I can focus on capturing the day as it unfolds, capturing lots of candid moments as they happen.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Mudgee Wedding
- Mudgee is a very popular spot for special events like weddings. I would suggest that as soon as you find the right wedding venue, that you enquire to make sure it is available for your wedding date.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, talk with your wedding planner and wedding photographer to discuss timings before you lock them in. This is especially important in the summer time when the sun sets so late in the day.
- It can often be cool even in the summer time. When planning your outfits make sure you have something warmer to wear over the top (especially for the bridal party).
- There are only a handful of church options for wedding ceremonies in Mudgee. If the church you are looking for is unavailable, look at other nearby towns such as Gulgong.
- Whilst there are many accommodation options in the area, things book out fast. Make sure you give yourself and your wedding guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date. This is especially important if you are planning a destination wedding!
- Consider a bus service to pickup and drop off your guests. It means they can enjoy the wedding reception and enjoy it responsibly.
Things To See and Do Whilst Visiting The Mudgee
I always say that one of the best parts about wedding planning is the experiences you get to have along the way. Whilst planning your perfect wedding in Mudgee you may want to consider some of these activities to enjoy.
- Wine – If you like your wine tasting, then you have definitely picked the right place to visit. A personal recommendation of mine is the wonderful Short Sheep! Only a short drive from town, the winery has a cute story and wonderful wines to enjoy.
- A Dining Experience – The Pipeclay Pumphouse at the Robert Stein Vineyard is highly rated for an incredible dining experience whilst in Mudgee. The small museum onsite with some amazing motorcycles is also worth a look.
- Hot Air Ballooning – A popular experience to have at sunrise, the perfect way to start a perfect day by catching the first light in the valley.
- Mudgee Food & Wine Festival – A popular event on the calendar each year, it kick starts spring with a month long festival. Plan a head so you can enjoy some of the best offerings the region has whilst visiting to plan your wedding.
Similar Region You May Want To Consider
Mudgee is definitely a fantastic region to get married in. However there are many regions in New South Wales that you may want to consider when planning your wedding.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of weddings in the Mudgee area. If you are thinking of hosting your wedding in the Mudgee I think we’ll be a pretty good fit for each other.