Sergeants Mess is a wedding venue in a sparkling waterfront location with spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. Every Sergeants Mess wedding that I have been lucky enough to photograph has been a special wedding experience for all.
The wedding ceremony location is intimate, is open, yet retains absolute privacy. The stepped seating means all of your family and friends can watch and be engaged during your wedding ceremony. It also gives you the chance to take in all of the happy faces taking part in one of the best days of your life.
About The Venue
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes. There is a wedding ceremony location onsite on the lower level at Sergeants Mess. The Sergeant Major’s Room and adjoining lounge area on the bottom level can also serve as a wet weather option (or tea ceremony location) within the venue.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes. The main dining room is a big open space that caters to weddings of all sizes.
What kind of style is a Sergeants Mess Wedding?
The venue itself is furnished in a 60’s glamour style but suits weddings of all styles. From a black tie formal wedding, to a large cultural wedding or even a stylish mid summer nights dream wedding. The beautifully presented rooms within the building allow for as much or as little styling as you want.
What is the address?
Chowder Bay Road, Mosman NSW 2088
Sergeants Mess is located around a 20 minute drive from CBD of Sydney in New South Wales. It can be accessed via car, public transport. water taxi or private/chartered ferry (via private wharf at Chowder Bay).
How many guests can we have?
Up to 250 guests (sit-down) or up to 350 guests (cocktail setting)
How much does a wedding cost here?
You have two exclusive offerings for a Sergeants Mess wedding reception; formal dining or cocktail style.
For full package details and inclusions, it is best to enquire with the venue and the dedicated wedding coordinators for full details.
Is there parking on site?
There is complimentary guest parking at middle head (and shuttle buses that bring the guests down to the wedding venue).
Is this an exclusive booking venue?
Yes. Sergeants Mess Brides and Grooms have the exclusive use of the venue during your booking.
Sergeants Mess Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Sergeants Mess (As A Wedding Photographer)
I have always loved photographing weddings at Sergeants Mess. I think it has one of the best waterfront locations in all of Sydney.
The wedding ceremony location is spectacular from a photographic point of view. The amphitheatre means I can capture the special moments whilst incorporating the view of the harbour. It is also an easy space to move around in, allowing me to move and capture moments without interruption.
There are a number of wonderful bridal photo locations to make the most of close to the venue. We can head down towards Chowder Bay, over to Middle Head, Balmoral Beach or even a little further afield to Bradley’s Head. I personally love photographing sunset at Georges Heights Lookout, which is just at the top of the hill and means less time away from your wedding guests.
The space within the wedding reception room is big enough for any sized wedding. It makes it super easy for brides and grooms to make their way around the room and see guests. It also allows space for a big band, DJ and a dance floor for when the party kicks off. I love a lively dance floor where there is enough space for everyone to bust a move. The long balcony that runs a long the venue also gives a space for your guests to enjoy Sydney harbour by night, and still be part of the party.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding Here
- The late afternoon is absolutely spectacular on Sydney harbour. When planning the timings for your wedding day, make sure you include some time where you get to enjoy time with your guests on the balcony, taking in the breathtaking harbour views before the formalities start.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. The venue is tucked away on the lower side of a hill, so it’s best to plan to head up to Georges Heights lookout for sunset to make the most of the last light of the day.
- Are you planning on having your wedding ceremony further away from the area? Consider arranging a ferry to pick yourselves and your wedding guests up after the ceremony to take you to Sergeants Mess. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy some quality time mingling with your wedding guests. The last couple of weddings that have done this have done a tour of the harbour, taking in beautiful locations around the harbour like Lavender Bay, Cockatoo Island, Rose Bay, Watsons Bay, Camp Cove and Bradley’s Head.
- One of the best parts about booking a wedding venue is the menu tasting! Sergeants Mess boasts a world class dining experience and you would be remiss not to make the most of this. Why not go with family, or your bridal party and enjoy this experience together? It can be a great way to show off the location as well enjoy some quality time with those important people involved in your wedding day.
- A farewell at a wedding can be an exciting way to finish off what is a momentous occasion. A sparkler exit along the water to waiting water taxi can be
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
Sergeants Mess is run by the Grand Pacific Group. They have a number of wonderful Sydney wedding venues which you may want to also consider for your special day.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
I have enjoyed photographing a few weddings here. I personally like to visit the restaurant to eat on special occasions as well. If you are thinking of having a Sergeants Mess wedding, then I would love to be involved.
Here is a link to an amazing real wedding at Sergeants Mess.