Ripples Chowder Bay is a wedding venue with a waterfront location right on Sydney Harbour overlooking Clifton Gardens in Mosman. It has a modern Australian menu which it serves through it’s kitchen every day of the week. The same wonderful food can be tailored into the perfect sit down or cocktail style wedding reception.
This waterfront restaurant can be found within the renovated old submarine miners’ depot heritage building and features the original timber framing and weatherboard walls. The venue has a wonderful large deck area with a retractable roofing system that means you can have a cocktail style or seated wedding reception outside in all types of weather, all year round. It is an especially lovely location to enjoy in the afternoon as the sun starts to set and the views of Sydney Harbour come to life.
Pro-tip: each time I have enjoyed photographing a wedding at Ripples the bridal party and wedding guests have arrived via ferry. It is such a fun and unique way to show off Sydney Harbour to your guests and arrive in style.
About The Venue
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
There are quite a few wedding ceremony options for you to consider nearby to Ripples.
A popular spot for wedding ceremonies is down on Clifton Gardens beach, up at Georges Heights Lookout (which overlooks Sydney Harbour) and other local parks/locations (such as Balmoral Beach or Bradley’s Head Amphitheatre). Chat with me if you want some ideas – I’m happy to provide recommendations.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
What kind of style is a Ripples Chowder Bay Wedding?
The venue is a unique space that is open to as much or as little styling as you like. The space itself allows itself to be transformed into a unique experience, making the most of the heritage building that is the venue whilst allowing the wonderful view to speak for itself. I would say the venue suits a cocktail party style.
What is the address?
Building 7 C, Chowder Bay Rd, Mosman NSW 2088
Ripples Chowder Bay is located around a 25 minute drive from Sydney CBD. It can be accessed via car, public transport, water taxi or private/chartered ferry.
How many guests can we have?
Up to 101 guests (sit-down) or up to 200 guests (cocktail setting)
How much does a wedding cost here?
Ripples has two options for wedding receptions, formal dining or cocktail style.
A formal dining reception starts at $150 per person and cocktail style starts at $135 per person and includes food and a beverage package.
There are also a number of premium upgrades that you can pick from and specials for mid week and off season weddings. For full package details and inclusions, it is best to contact the wedding venue and the dedicated wedding coordinators for full and up to date details.
Is there parking on site?
There is plenty of parking available on Chowder Bay Rd.
Ripples Chowder Bay Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Ripples Chowder Bay (As A Wedding Photographer)
I love photographing weddings at venues that allow the day to flow at it’s own pace. Ripples Chowder Bay does just that, with a wonderful space that allows weddings there to flow through the formalities and into the party.
The location is absolutely stunning. Set high in the Chowder Bay Precinct overlooking Clifton Gardens. I find the area really interesting and fun to photograph. There are many photography options available with the old buildings on site, Chowder Bay Wharf, Clifton Gardens Beach, Middle Head, Georges Heights and some other wonderful locations a little further afield (Balmoral Beach and Bradley’s Head to name a couple).
Each of the weddings I have photographed at Ripples have been a lot of fun to document (both sit down and cocktail style). With the beginning of the evening and formalities taking place out on the balcony, before the dance floor and party kick off inside the venue. The dance floor is a great space here, with enough room for a big band (or DJ) and plenty of space for the rest of your guests to relax and mingle.
The spaces at Ripples are open and relaxed. This helps create the perfect opportunity for me to capture candid and natural moments throughout the wedding. My clients are always looking for photography that is unobtrusive and for those true unscripted moments. A venue has a big impact on this, and is one reason why I recommend Ripples.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding Here
- The late afternoon is absolutely spectacular. When planning the run of the wedding day, make sure you include some time where you get to enjoy the balcony at Ripples before the formalities start.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. I always love to help out in the wedding planning stage to make sure we can make the most out of the light for your wedding photos.
- Are you planning on having your wedding ceremony further away from the area? Consider arranging a ferry to pick yourselves and your wedding guests up after the wedding ceremony to take you to Ripples. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy some quality time mingling with your wedding guests (not to mention a unique experience for them all).
- One of the best parts about wedding planning and booking a wedding venue is the tasting! Ripples Chowder Bay includes a menu tasting, why not go with family and friends and enjoy this experience together? It can be a great way to show off the location as well enjoy some quality time with those important people involved in your wedding day.
- A farewell at a wedding can be an exciting way to finish off what is a momentous occasion. A sparkler exit along the water to waiting water taxi can be a wonderful way to farewell your wedding guests.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
I always enjoy getting back to Ripples Chowder Bay to photograph a wedding. However If you love the harbour then consider having a look at some of these other great wedding venues.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
I have enjoyed photographing a few weddings at Ripples Chowder Bay now. I personally like to visit the restaurant to eat on special occasions as well. If you are thinking of having a Ripples Chowder Bay wedding, then I would love to be involved.