Q Station is a gorgeous slice of Sydney history and a wedding venue near Manly with amazing views overlooking the iconic Sydney Harbour. Also known as the Quarantine Station it borders Sydney Harbour National Park and is a frequently visited attraction for those exploring Sydney’s North Head.
The grounds of Q station are quite large, and that is what makes this such a diverse and wonderful location. Not only do you get a beautiful wedding venue right on the edge of Sydney Harbour; but a location steeped with a lot of history. Due to the size of the property, there are multiple venue options and memorable locations for you to make the most of on your special day.
About Q Station Manly
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
There are multiple ceremony locations to choose from at Q Station.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Q Station is able to accommodate both sit down and cocktail style wedding receptions in a number of locations.
Is there a wet weather option at this venue?
Yes! If the weather looks to be wet, the glasshouse or one of the other on site rooms are the perfect back up options.
What is the address?
1 North Head Scenic Drive. Manly NSW 2095, Australia
How many guests can we have?
In the main reception venue is the Governor Bourke Ballroom and you can have up to 160 guests seated (with dance floor) or 200 guests cocktail.
How much does a wedding cost here?
Ceremony packages start from as little as $1,500.
Can I have a lunch time wedding here?
Yes. There are numerous wedding options for weddings of all sizes, and some specific packages catered towards lunch time weddings.
Is there parking on-site?
Yes. There is parking on site at the main gate, from there a shuttle service moves guests around the grounds.
Q Station Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Q Station (As A Wedding Photographer)
The grounds of Q Station, from the quarantine beach to the headland are all very beautiful with harbour views. There are so many stunning backdrops to shoot amongst from historic buildings to bush land and down by the water.
The historic buildings have a lot of charm create their own atmosphere. One of my favourite spots is the beautiful glasshouse, we don’t get to see these much here in Australia and I think it’s really unique and wonderful for photos.
The whole location is very private, being that it has it’s own slice of North Head all to itself. You are in Sydney but you feel away from civilisation. It’s a wonderful experience for your wedding guests to be able to experience Sydney in this way also.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding at Q Station
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. I always love to help out in the wedding planning stage to make sure we can make the most out of the light and stunning views for your wedding photos.
- Consider booking the shuttle bus for when we are out capturing your bridal photos. They provide food, drinks and can take us to anywhere on the Q Station grounds. It’s definitely the easiest way to get around and make the most of our time.
- There are a number of accommodation options on site which are all available for your bridal party and wedding guests. Close by in Manly there is also a large number of hotel accommodation options.
- Whilst you are busy planning your big day at Q Station, why not have a site visit and combine it with a spooky Ghost Tour and beautiful meal at the Boilerhouse Restaurant & Bar. The restaurant is well known for it’s modern Australian menu and friendly service.
- Make sure you factor in some time to mingle with your guests at enjoy those harbour views with everyone. It’s all too easy to miss out on this quality time on your own wedding day.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
There are many beautiful wedding venues location around Sydney harbour and it’s worth checking out to see what else is available.
- Click here for the Gunners Barracks weddings page
- Click here for the Ripples Chowder Bay weddings page
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
If you are thinking of planning a Q Station wedding then I would love to be there to document it for you.