The historic Hopewood House built in 1884 this Dutch Colonial Estate is the best keep secret and a beautiful location for weddings in the southern highlands.
Boasting a beautiful original residence, gorgeous manicured gardens and multiple wedding venue options within the grounds; you would be remiss not to let the history of the property help tell the story of your event.
About Hopewood House
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! The Wedding Lawn and Sunken Gardens are the more popular spots for your wedding ceremony at Hopewood House.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes! The Pavilion can cater up to 150 guests and includes The Grand Dining Room, The Terrace Lounge and The Chukka Bar.
What kind of style is Hopewood House?
Hopewood House has an elegant country feel to the place. It would suit those looking to create a sophisticated fairy tale wedding experience. With multiple indoor and outdoor entertainment areas, the sky is the limit when it comes to locations and planning at the venue. The styling inside the venue features a lot of beautifully furnished antiques, chandeliers and period pieces which suit each space perfectly.
How many guests can we have at Hopewood House?
Hopewood House caters for up to 150 wedding guests in the main reception room. Weddings of smaller numbers can also be catered for in other spaces within the property.
What is the address?
201 Centennial Road, Bowral NSW 2576, Australia
How much does a wedding cost here?
Hopewood House has a range of options available for weddings (which include full service venue hosting and wedding day planning services).
Is there a wet weather option here?
Yes! In times of inclement weather you can use the Pavilion Terrace Lounge or the Chukka Bar as a backup wedding ceremony option.
Can we get married here during COVID-19?
As of late March 2020, the Australian Government placed the following restrictions on wedding celebrations in response to COVID-19: Weddings with a maximum attendance of no more than 5 people where 1 person per 4 square metre applies.
Is there parking on-site?
Yes, there is parking available on site.
Wedding Photos in the Southern Highlands
Why I Recommend Hopewood House As Your Wedding Venue (As A Wedding Photographer)
I first heard about Hopewood House when I was chatting with a wedding guest at a Sydney Wedding I was photographing. She raved on and on about the venue and how perfect it was for her wedding day. As soon as I got home I hopped online and had a look and was blown away.
The next time I was down in Bowral for a wedding I made sure I snuck past for a look. There is something extra special about Hopewood House. It greets you with it’s beautiful gardens as soon as you enter the property. It really is a photographers dream (especially for wedding photography) and I cannot wait to photograph there one day. With renowned gardens being a central feature of the property, there is a plethora of locations for bridal photos around the property.
The right wedding venue can really take a wedding celebration to the next level. I especially love a venue that is elegant but makes it ever so easy for you to relax and enjoy with your family and friends.
Having accommodation options on site means you get to have a beautiful and all inclusive wedding, which means your celebrations feel like even longer.
Southern Highlands Wedding Photos
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding at Hopewood House
- Autumn is a special time in the Southern Highlands and especially at Hopewood House. The amazing colours you can get definitely make up for any cold snaps you might have on your wedding day!
- A lot of couples miss out on a good amount of time on their wedding day whilst out taking bridal photos. I love taking these photos but it’s important to also celebrate with your family and friends. If you are getting married, consider spending some extra time with your wedding guests during the canape hour, heading out towards sunset to make the most of the beautiful light as the sun starts to set.
- Accommodation in the Bowral area can book out fast! Make sure you give yourself and your guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date for your Hopewood House wedding.
- Hopewood House onto take on a small number of weddings each year, so if you are keen on this venue then please don’t delay in getting in touch with them.
- I have worked with a number of wonderful wedding vendors in the Bowral area over the years. If you need any recommendations of celebrants, florists, hair, makeup or any one else then please let me know.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
There are some other wonderful areas near the Southern Highlands of New South Wales which you may want to consider for your wedding day (like the Kangaroo Valley or NSW South Coast).
Click here for my Kangaroo Valley weddings page.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
I would be delighted to photograph a gorgeous Hopewood House wedding. I love exploring new venues and capture them in my own way. If you are thinking Hopewood House might be the place for you, then I would love to be there to document your special day.