This gorgeous wildflower farm is bursting with native flowers and colours and an amazing option for celebrating your special day.
Located on the edge of the Southern Highlands, it has close proximity to Sydney (only 1 hour away) as well as easy access to Mittagong and Bowral. The beauty of the property and the simplicity of the setup means you can have a very beautiful, yet relaxed celebration at this beautiful wildflower farm. I mean who doesn’t want to say that got married at a wildflower farm?
About Growwild Wildflower Farm
Address: 916 Old Hume Hwy, Alpine NSW 2575
Do we get exclusive hire of the venue?
When you book Growwild for your wedding, you have exclusive use of the grounds - allowing you the time and flexibility you need to create a truly personal event.
Is there a curfew?
A noise curfew may exist. Please contact the venue for accurate and timely information as noise restrictions are subject to change.
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
You can make the most of the beautiful gardens and get married amongst the wildflowers or inside the barn (which is a fantastic wet weather option).
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes! There is floored permanent marquee setup on site. Well equipped with fairy lights, a bar and everything you need for a wedding reception and party.
What style or theme of wedding suits this venue?
Growwild is a beautiful blank canvas and perfect location which you can use to tailor your dream wedding. The beauty of the property means you can add as much or as little styling as you wish. The country wedding look and feel really suits a laid back and Australiana style (especially with all of the native flowers that Growwild is known for).
How many guests can we have?
Growwild caters for a minimum of 60 pax in both sit down and cocktail style settings.
How much does a wedding cost here?
Growwild has a range of wedding packages available (which can include full wedding planning and hire of furnishings, AV equipment, and other custom needs).
Is there a wet weather option here?
There is a beautiful barn that is on site and perfect for inclement weather. Which is great because you do not need to alter your marquee wedding to suit the weather.
Is there parking on-site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site for guests if required.
Why I Recommend Growwild As Your Wedding Venue (As A Wedding Photographer)
I first heard about Growwild when clients of mine had booked it for their wedding celebration! I instantly fell in love with the venue, but unfortunate due to guest numbers in the end they had to move their wedding back to Sydney. I love the laid back nature of the venue and how it presents itself.. and thankfully in 2022 and 2023 I have been able to (and will be) photographing a bunch of beautiful Growwild Weddings.
I love photographing nature, I did after all get started in photography by capturing the natural landscape. The beautiful flowers and grounds of the farm sound delightful for wedding photography and I look forward to capturing it in my own way.
I have seen a couple of wedding ceremonies that were held in the barn and it is one of the nicest wet weather back up options that I have seen at any venue. It also looks like a beautiful spot for a couple to have a first look.
Wedding Photos At Growwild
Southern Highlands Wedding Photos
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding at Growwild
- I can only imagine that the spring time at a wild flower farm is a special time of year. When picking your wedding date it would be great to ask the owners what season they suggest to make the most of the flowers as being a wildflower farm there will be different periods for flower peaks!
- My advice when enquiring with a venue like Growwild is to ask about the possibilities at the venue. They know their spaces and the ground best. I am happy to assist in putting together a draft run sheet (based on the time of the year) and work to what you want to get out of your wedding celebration.
- Accommodation in the Southern Highlands can book out fast! Make sure you give yourself and your guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date for your Growwild wedding.
- Even though there is ample parking at Growwild; consider arranging a bus or coach to pickup and drop off your guests. This means they can enjoy the wedding celebration and you can make sure their transport is looked after.
- Golden hour is the best time of day for photos. As the sun nears the horizon and the light becomes soft and dreamy, this is the best time for us to duck out for some photos. When you are planning your wedding timeline it is always good to consider including this.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
There are some other wonderful venues in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales which you may want to consider for your wedding day. It’s always nice to see all the possibilities available.
- Click here for my Bendooley Estate weddings page
- Click here for my Centennial Vineyards wedding page
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
Having experienced Growwild as a wedding venue, I has fast solidified it as one of my favourite venues in NSW. If you are planning a Growwild wedding celebration; then I would love to be there to document it for you.