The south coast of NSW in Australia is a beautiful region famous for it’s natural beauty. It’s a very popular holiday destination and increasingly becoming an amazing destination for weddings.
The coast is vast and stretches from just south of Sydney, all the way to the border with Victoria near Eden. It encompasses quaint little coastal towns and villages such as Kiama, Gerringong, Vincentia, Mollymook, Merimbula, Bermagui, Bawley Point, Moruya, Tilba Tilba and Bega.
Well known locations such as Jervis Bay and Batemans Bay offer some gorgeous locations for both beach weddings and country weddings alike. You also have easy access from the NSW South Coast in being able to head a little inland to Berry, Kangaroo Valley, Southern Highlands, Canberra and the NSW Snowy Mountains.
All along the coast there are perfect venues with both fantastic wedding ceremony locations and wedding receptions on site. With so many beautiful spaces with the perfect backdrop for your dream wedding available; it’s hard to go wrong wherever you choose for your wedding on the south coast.
As an experienced wedding photographer, you will find on this page all the essential information you will need to make an informed decision. You’ll also receive insights on wedding day logistics, nearby locations for photos, and wedding vendor recommendations.
NSW South Coast Wedding Venues
- Driftwood Shed
- Terrara House Estate
- Bundanon Trust
- Worrowing (Jervis Bay)
- The Cove (Jervis Bay)
- Bush Bank (Kiama)
- Seacliff House (Gerringong)
- Terara Riverside Gardens
- Terara Park
- Crooked River Wines (Gerringong)
- Bawley Bush Retreat (Bawley Point)
- Cupitts Winery (Milton)
- Cambewarra Estate
- Bewong River Retreat
- The Barn on the Ridge
- The Woolshed
- The Woods Farm
- Headlands Austinmer Beach
Recommended for you: Berry Wedding Venues
NSW South Coast Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend NSW South Coast Weddings
Location location location! The whole south coast is just gorgeous and it has a wonderful climate to match. Cool all year round, the coast is stunning to visit and enjoy.
The relaxed vibe of the whole coast makes for a special destination wedding weekend with your nearest and dearest. It can be a great way to show off how beautiful this part of Australia is.
The wedding venues scattered along the south coast suit every style of wedding. From a DIY wedding on a farm, a cocktail style celebration at a boutique venue or an intimate wedding with ocean views; you cant go wrong.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, talk with your wedding planner and wedding photographer to discuss timings before you lock them in. This is especially important in the summer time when the sun sets so late on your wedding day.
- With lots of towns scattered along the coast there are also many church options for your wedding ceremony if you want to get married in a church. Do some research for the best options close to the rest of your plans for your big day and book in advance because with limited options in smaller towns they may get booked quickly.
- Consider a bus service to pickup and drop off your guests. It means they can enjoy your special day and enjoy it responsibly.
- Have a look at all of the wedding venue options I have listed. If one of them feels like the right place, get in touch with the venue to ensure their wedding packages fit in with your wedding celebration. At the same time it is worth exploring the other local celebrants, caterers, florists and wedding vendors who can all help you with your wedding day.
- Make a weekend out of your time down the coast with your family and friends. Have them come down a bit early and leave late so you can celebrate with them even longer. It can be a wonderful time to spend with your bridal party. Take them wine tasting, visit the beautiful beaches or even hit the golf course. There is so much more to a wedding celebration than just the day itself.
- Make sure the venue you pick is right for you. If you want something a little more rustic then consider a venue with a marquee on a property. If you are after something a little more formal from your reception venue, then consider a hotel or establishment with a function room
Things To See and Do
I always say that one of the best parts about wedding planning is the experiences you get to have along the way. Whilst down the coast you may want to check out some
- Nature – You absolutely cannot miss the beauty of Jervis Bay and especially Hyams Beach (the whitest sand in the world).
- Wine Tasting & Good Eating – There are lots of wonderful wineries all along the coast, as well as some wonderful places for fine dining and local treats.
- Whale Watching – If you are visiting at the right time of the year you may want to go on a whale watching tour, the whole south coast is well known for it.
- Local Markets – Every time I am travelling anywhere in the world and I see a local market, I have to check it out. The best way to experience some local produce and find some amazing food.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
If you are looking for some other potential locations to get married in New South Wales between Canberra, Sydney, Wollongong (Illawarra) and the South Coast then you may want to consider the Southern Highlands or the Kangaroo Valley.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
If you are thinking of having a wedding at any of the above venues then I would love to chat to find out more about you and how we can work together.
I travel all over Australia and around the world to document beautiful weddings and it would be my honour to be involved in your wedding day.