Weddings that are celebrated in the Hunter Valley are always spectacular events. If you are looking to have a Hunter Valley Wedding and that wedding venue is Wallalong House – then you’re looking in the right place.
This wedding venue near the gorgeous town of Morpeth is a beautiful old homestead on a big country property with breath-taking views of the nearby farmland. Right from the minute you drive down the pear-tree lined driveway, you know the place is special. The homestead has a splendid mix of Georgian and Victorian architecture with a number beautiful rooms you can stay in. The whole homestead is gorgeous to photograph, and quite spectacular to walk out of and down the front steps to your wedding ceremony.
The rest of the grounds are very picturesque, with a number of great photo locations among the old buildings, big trees, old stables and little pockets of light.
As a wedding venue it is a great location for one big party with your family and best friends. It’s easy to access, has lots of charm and each aspect of it is open and inviting for both yourselves and your wedding guests. I quickly fell in love with Wallalong House the first time I photographed there, and cannot wait to go back to document another special day there.
About Wallalong House
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! There is a beautiful wedding ceremony location right in front of the property between the 200 year old fig trees.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes! There is a big Indian tent (marquee) that is a permanent installation on site. This is the more favoured location for Wallalong House receptions.
What is the address?
76 Wallalong Rd, Wallalong NSW 2320, Australia
Wallalong House is located near the town of Morpeth in the Hunter Valley of NSW. From Sydney, it is approximately a 2 hour-15 minute drive. From Newcastle it is approximately a 45 minute drive.
How many guests can we have?
Up to 150 seated or 150 for cocktail.
How much does a wedding cost here?
Pricing starts at $6000. For full package details and inclusions, it is best to contact the venue for full and up to date details.
What accommodation options are in the area?
The homestead can sleep up to 16 people within the beautiful rooms situated inside the house. There are also a plethora of accommodation options in Wallalong, Morpeth, Maitland and a little further afield in Newcastle.
Is there parking on site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site for guests who choose to drive to the venue.
Is this an exclusive venue?
Yes, you have complete and exclusive use of the entire wedding venue during your booking period. This is important as it means you have complete privacy for your entire stay.
Wallalong House Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Wallalong House Weddings
Wallalong House has a very sophisticated yet has a rustic look, feel and period vibe to the venue. The grounds of the estate feature historic fig trees in front of the homestead, the old stables (with original cobblestone flooring), antique wooden daybeds and french iron chairs are scattered around well kept gardens. There is also a beautiful in ground pool to cool off in. The homestead itself has wide sweeping verandahs, old sitting rooms (beautifully furnished with period items) and spaces for you to enjoy during your stay.
Being such a beautiful location, it allows you to add as much or as little styling as you feel is needed.
The homestead for me is definitely one of the highlights of the wedding venue. It’s a wonderful location to photograph throughout the wedding day. It can be a great spot to do a first look, the bridal party photos and for some intimate bridal portraits. With the light playing a different role at different times of the day, it can be a great way to get some unique and moody photos within the different rooms of the house.
With the big rolling hill facing towards the west, sunset is always going to come into play at Wallalong. I definitely would recommend factoring in some time for us to go and capture some beautiful photos as the sun sets.
Wallalong House Wedding Tips
- Every season is beautiful in the Hunter Valley. I love autumn through the most where you have the warm days and the cool nights, especially great weather for a wedding day!
- There are lots of church ceremony options in the Hunter Valley, which means you can still have your beautiful reception at Wallalong House and opt for a religious ceremony off-site.
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, it’s always best to build sunset photos into the timeline when doing your wedding planning.
- Whilst there are lots of accommodation options in the area, things book out fast. Make sure you give yourself and your guests enough time to get accommodation organised when you are considering your wedding date.
- There may be lots of parking available at Wallalong House. But who wants all their guests driving to the wedding? There are lots of bus services in the area that can pickup/drop off your guests. This is a great way to make sure everyone enjoys the party (and enjoys responsibly).
- There are some amazing wedding vendors (such as florists and wedding celebrants) that service the area. Please let me know if you would like some recommendations.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
As you can tell, I’m a big fan of weddings in the Hunter Valley area. If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at at Wallalong; then I would love to be involved in your wedding day.
Here is a full wedding from a recent wedding I shot at Wallalong House