The beautiful Waldara Farm is a large working farm on the edge of the Blue Mountains. The property is 800 hectares big and encompasses the beautiful landscape of the area.
With rolling hills, big granite rocks and twisted gum trees. The farm has been beautifully renovated and presented for weddings. With gorgeous accommodation buildings (including the homestead), a barn for wedding receptions and multiple wedding ceremony locations. It’s the perfect location for a wonderful destination wedding weekend in the country. Added to the beautiful wedding facilities is the ability to have 20 guests stay in the accommodate available onsite.
About Waldara Farm
Can we have our wedding ceremony here?
Yes! There are a couple of spots you can choose for your ceremony on the property. There is a wet weather option as well in the wool shed.
Can we have our wedding reception here?
Yes! The reception hall (or the barn as it is called) will seat up to 150 guests.
What is the address?
280 Burroughs Crossing, Edith NSW, 2787, Australia
Waldara Farm is located near Oberon in the Central West of New South Wales. It’s just over the Blue Mountains from Sydney. The best way to get to Waldara Farm is via car. It is a 2.75 hour drive from Sydney.
How many guests can we have?
This venue suits weddings up to 150 guests.
How much does a wedding cost here?
For full wedding package details and inclusions, it is best to contact the venue for full and up to date details.
What accommodation options are in the area?
The property has some onsite accommodation, sleeping up to 20 people. It’s close proximity to Oberon and the whole region has accommodation options available for your guests.
Is there parking on site?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available on site for guests who choose to drive to the venue.
Is this an exclusive venue?
Yes, you have complete and exclusive use of the entire wedding venue during your booking period. This is important as it means you have complete privacy for your entire stay.
Waldara Farm Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Waldara Farm Weddings
Waldara Farm is located in one of my favourite parts of Australia. The landscape is sublime and perfect for a couple wanting to have a country wedding and an experience to share with family and friends. With the inclusive options and facilities onsite, it’s easy to see why this is such a sought after wedding venue.
The blank canvas nature of the farm means you can add as much or as little styling as you want to your Waldara wedding. This is a big positive in my mind as it gives you full control in creating the type of bespoke wedding you want. This is a wedding venue I always recommend to my clients who want to create their wedding experience for their big day from the ground up.
I could get lost in the locations on this property for hours. There are ample locations close to the barn and homestead for photos; however for those who are more adventurous there are some other incredible locations we can explore and photograph at on the property.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Wedding
- I especially love autumn through the most where you have the warm days and the cool nights, especially great weather for a wedding day!
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. Therefore, when the timeline for the day is being worked out, I will always insist we get out for photos around then.
- Due to it’s elevation, Waldara can get quite chilly in Autumn, Winter and Spring. They have you covered with heating inside the barn, and if possible the fire pit is a great way for your guests to mingle and stay warm.
- There is a local bus service in the area that can pickup/drop off your guests. This is a great way to make sure everyone enjoys the party (and enjoys responsibly).
- There are some amazing wedding vendors (such as florists, stylists, caterers and wedding celebrants) that service the area. I am more than happy to recommend.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
I love shooting at Waldara Farm and cant wait to go back! If you are planning a wedding there, then I would love to be there to photograph it for you.