Berry is a quaint Australian village on the south coast of NSW, Australia. It is famous for its beautiful heritage building, cute cottages, country gardens and village vibe. It’s gorgeous location and beautiful surroundings make it a lovely spot for a south coast wedding. Berry is a 90 minute drive south of Sydney so is the perfect distance for a little destination wedding.
Are you thinking of getting married in Berry or looking for the best Berry wedding reception venue for you?
Then look no further as I have put together a number of wedding venues specific to Berry, New South Wales – just for you!
As an experienced wedding photographer, you will find on this page all the essential information you will need to make an informed decision. You’ll also receive insights on wedding day logistics, nearby locations for photos, and wedding vendor recommendations.
The Best Berry Wedding Venues
- Willow Farm
- Jaspers Berry
- Hanwood Hill
- Silos Estate
- Bundara Farm
- Berry Courthouse & Gardens
- Coolangatta Estate
There are some other amazing NSW South coast venues which are also very close to Berry (in the Shoalhaven and Illawarra regions).
- Bush Bank (Kiama)
- Crooked River Wines (Gerringong)
- Terrara House Estate (Terara)
- Driftwood Shed (Terara)
- Meribee (Terara)
Berry Wedding Photos
Why I Recommend Berry For Your Wedding (As A Wedding Photographer)
There is a charm to Berry which is hard to beat. From its cute cottages and country gardens, to the village and it’s relaxed atmosphere; it feels like a country retreat. You and your guests will be spoilt with the experience you have getting married in the Berry area.
I love all of the venues I have visited in the area. The owners and managers are all friendly and helpful with a strong focus
The wedding venues scattered along the south coast suit every style of wedding. From a DIY wedding on a farm, a cocktail style celebration at a boutique venue or an intimate wedding with ocean views; you cant go wrong.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Berry Dream Wedding
- The best time of the day for wedding photography is as the sun starts to set. I will always make sure to let you know this when you are planning your day, so make sure you factor the time in for this on your big day.
- There are only a few churches in the village of Berry so if you are wanting to have your wedding ceremony in a church it is best to book it in as soon as possible.
- Consider a bus service to pickup and drop off your guests. It means they can enjoy your special day and enjoy it responsibly.
- Have a look at all of the wedding venue options I have listed. If one of them feels like the right place, get in touch with the venue to ensure their wedding packages fit in with your wedding celebration. At the same time it is worth exploring the other local celebrants, caterers, florists and wedding vendors who can all help you with your wedding day.
- Make a weekend out of your time down the coast with your family and friends. Have them come down a bit early and leave late so you can celebrate with them even longer. It can be a wonderful time to spend with your bridal party.
- A few of the wedding venues have enough open space to have your wedding reception take place in a marquee on the property (which suits weddings of larger numbers also). Make sure you enquire with your reception venue to see if that options is available.
- Most venues have a wet weather option for your wedding day, but it is worth checking as weather is the only thing you don’t have control over!
Things To See and Do Whilst Visiting Berry
I always say that one of the best parts about wedding planning is the experiences you get to have along the way. Whilst down the coast you may want to check out some
- Nature – Whilst the village is beautiful there are some spectacular places close by. Take a quick adventure into the Kangaroo Valley or check out Seven Mile Beach.
- The Berry Donut Van – Every time I visit I love to stop for a coffee and a donut. You cant beat freshly made donuts!
- Local Markets – Every time I am travelling anywhere in the world and I see a local market, I have to check it out. The best way to experience some local produce and find some amazing food.
Similar Wedding Locations You Might Also Want to Consider
If you are looking for some other potential locations to get married in New South Wales between Canberra, Sydney, Wollongong (Illawarra) and the South Coast then you may want to consider the Southern Highlands or the Kangaroo Valley.
Hi, I’m Jack Of Jack Chauvel Photography
If you are thinking of having a wedding at any of the above venues then I would love to chat to find out more about you and how we can work together.
I travel all over Australia and around the world to document beautiful weddings and it would be my honour to be involved in your wedding day.