I like to keep things simple so do my best to gather all the information required before the wedding day. I do this by sending out a ‘Wedding Questionnaire’ around 6 weeks out from the wedding. In short however, the following information below definitely helps out on the day (and I am more than happy to help plan aspects of the day if you are unsure).
- Run sheet: A basic running schedule of the day. It must cover the times of arrivals/departures, significant events and allocated times for portions of the day.
- Significant photo list: As much as I would love to be, I am not a mind reader. I will capture your day as I see it, however if you have some significant moments, items, people that you would like an emphasis on then please communicate this with me before the wedding day. Communication is key for both of us, so that I understand your expectations and you understand my knowledge of your wedding day.
- Group photos & allocated time: If you want group photos on your wedding day, having some allocated time and a list of groups will make this process much easier. It should take no more than 15 – 20 minutes and be stress free. Taking the casual approach usually leads to a lot of stress and potentially missing out some groups.
- All of the locations (exact addresses): I use this information to plan how I am getting around, and this can be a bit tricky especially if in a different city, state or country so the right information is always appreciated. I have knocked on the wrong house before, due to getting an incomplete address!
- The important contacts: There are times that I need to get in touch with people in a rush, so it is always handy if I have not only your immediate contact numbers but those of others who are playing a big role in the day (parents, bridesmaids/groomsmen). This is usually all covered in the Wedding Questionnaire.